Softball Ireland is seeking to appoint a Competitions & Event Officer who has a strong interest in sport and is willing to volunteer their time to a sporting organisation. This is a volunteer position and the successful applicant will be appointed to a rolling 1-year contract.
Softball Ireland is the National Governing Body for Softball in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. At present Softball Ireland is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 750 active members involved in the sport at various levels. Softball is a growing sport in Ireland and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand. Softball Ireland is managed by a Board of Management, members of which are elected by the membership, who in turn appoint Regions/Directors to manage each section of the sport.
The Competitions & Event Officer will report to the Softball Ireland Board and will work with all sections of the sport to co-ordinate their events.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Take the lead on all Softball Ireland events including but not limited to Brian Walshe Cup, IOST, SINCC and the Annual General Meeting
- Prepare draft tournament schedules for approval
- Prepare and manage a budget for each event
- Appoint any subcommittee members as necessary to assist with the deliver of Competitions and Events
- Support the various Regions and Directors with the running and implementation of their events
- Assist the Communications Officer with improving the event management process
- Engage with third parties to enhance the quality of Softball Ireland events
- Assist Regions and clubs with their events, when required
- Work with the Communications Officer on the effective advertising of events
- Work closely with venue managers, services and other stakeholders
- Support the Board with enforcing the event sanctioning process
If you would like to apply for the role of Competitions, please send your CV, outlining your qualifications and experience, along with a cover letter outlining your suitability to President@softball.ie. Applications should be submitted by Friday September 14, 2018
Please submit all items in PDF format where possible.
This is a rolling 1-year contract, subject to the directions of the Softball Ireland Board.