Softball Ireland have opened applications for the Slowpitch National Team Head Coach, details of the application process are outlined below.
Slowpitch Head Coach – JOB DESCRIPTION
January 31, 2015
Softball Ireland encompasses both Slowpitch and Fastpitch Softball teams that compete in European and world competitions. Softball Ireland is responsible for administrating the game of softball throughout the Island of Ireland.
The Co-ed Slowpitch Head Coach is a key position within Softball Ireland reporting to the High Performance Commission and the Softball Ireland Board. The Co-ed Slowpitch Head coach will focus on the training and selection of the Slowpitch National Team to compete at the 2015 European Championships and 2015 World Series.
To select and manage an Ireland International Slowpitch Softball team to compete at the 2015 European Championships and 2015 World Series. The objective of the programme is for Ireland to win a medal at the 2015 European Championships. The Slowpitch Head Coach will have a focus on performance and key responsibilities will be:
- Organisation of Trials, Selection Camps and all pre-tournament training sessions
- Directing all elements of the Slowpitch programme to provide the highest possible quality experience for all Players
- Clear and timely communication
- Clear and defined transparent programme
- Organisation of all Team travel logistics in a costly manner
- Timely completion of reports to Softball Ireland
- Ensures the programme is run to schedule and budget
- Work closely with the Director of Fastpitch to ensure a consistent coaching approach
The ideal candidate’s will have the following skills and experience:
- Meticulous planning and organising/attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills and manner
- Team player and ability to work effectively with and alongside others
- The ability to mentor new and existing players
- Previous Softball Coaching experience (travel teams an asset)
Key Skills and attributes
- Excellent coaching and leadership skills
- Innovative and self-motivated individual able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and confident in dealing with internal and external parties in appropriate manner
- Excellent Project Management and Organisational skills with a strong attention to detail and clerical accuracy
Application to Include
- List of Assistant coaches and roles
- Dedicated administrator
Applicants should note that this role is being offered on a 9 month fixed term basis.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward your Curriculum Vitae (in confidence), proposed programme and a covering letter supporting your application to Paddy Donnelly at email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 1700 on Friday February 13, 2015