The Softball Ireland Board held its latest meeting on the evening of Monday January 13, 2020
Colum Lavery (President), Conor Sayles (Secretary), Massimo Lepri (Treasurer)
Reginald Clark (Softball Ulster), Amanda Ní Ghabhann (Softball Leinster)
Declan Carty (Ordinary Member), Andrew Craven (Ordinary Member), Jordan Sylver (Ordinary Member)
Melanie Cunningham (Fastpitch Ireland),
The below is a list of key decisions/actions of the Board taken at its Monday January 13, 2020 meeting
Confirmation of Decisions & Actions Since Last Meeting
- The Board confirmed and ratified its decision to further postpone the Annual General Meeting to February 15, 2020 and the Extraordinary General Meeting to February 15, 2020. The Board noted that the decision to postpone was based on the recommendation of the independent panel and noted that the final report of the panel would be available before the end of January 2020.
Softball Ireland Umpires Working Group Report
The Board recalled that in response to growing concerns at the quality and quantity of umpires in the regions, the outgoing Softball Ireland setup a working group in September 2019 chaired by the Softball Ireland Secretary to assess the current state of play and recommend actions to move forward. The board noted the detailed report and recommendations and APPROVED the implementation of the reports recommendations in 2020. The Board further APPROVED that the report and recommendations would be circulated to the Softball Ireland Members. The full report can be viewed by clicking here.
Regional Association Reports
- Softball Leinster
- Update noted
- Recruitment event to be held in March 2020 – date TBC
- SL SINCC proposal at AGM to be revisited
- Softball Ulster
- Update noted
- SU Dates noted
- Fastpitch Ireland
- Report noted
- Day 3 of Fastpitch League to be held on February 1, 2020
- International Tournament dates noted
National Slowpitch Team Director Role
The Board had previously agreed to create the position of National Slowpitch Team Director (title may change) to lead all Slowpitch Natioal team programmes. The final draft of the job specification was presented to the board for review and comment. The Board agreed that final comments would be submitted to Colum and the final job specification would be reviewed and circulated to members before the end of January.
The Board noted that currently no hosts for the Men’s Slowptich European Championships in June or Clubs Super Cup in August had been confirmed. Colum on behalf of Softball Ireland was working closely with the ESF to ensure that these tournaments were progressing and that relevant parties were being kept appraised of the situation.